Life Verse

"Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me"

Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Patience






When I was in college, I had a little page a day quote calendar.  One of my favorites was, "With patience and a cow, grass becomes milk."  I have struggled with being impatient.  I want things to work out NOW.  God has taught me patience through the years.  He sure knew what I needed to work on!  I have had to be patient through chronic illness, infertility, waiting for my husband during his 3 tours to Iraq, waiting for our adopted son to come home to us from Guatemala, feeling friendless, countless moves, difficult family members...the list goes on.  It is a daily struggle for me, but I feel that I've been conditioned by my life experiences to slow down and wait.  Waiting on the Lord is always the right answer.  Ask him for peace.  Know  that He will provide--In His Time.  It is a hard lesson to learn, but He is ALWAYS right and right on time.  If you call on Him, He will answer.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD

Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 15:4-5 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus.

No comments: